Creative Guild is the place to meet fellow professionals from all the other disciplines and art forms: people that you never normally have a chance to collaborate and discuss your work with. Because we are open to such a wide membership you can make opportunities with fellow members and make sure the world knows about […]
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.creativeguild.org.uk (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all members and users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.creativeguild.org.uk is a site operated by Association of Creative Professionals Ltd (we). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08230023 and have our registered office at Masters House, 107 Hammersmith Road, London W14 0QH. Our main trading address is HMS President 1918, Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0HJ
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use; and
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- Not to disassemble or reverse engineer any part of our site or any material on it;
- Not to create any derivative works of any material on our site.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site including, without limitation, bulletin boards, forums and content sharing areas (interactive services).
We are not under any obligation to and shall not oversee, monitor or moderate any of our interactive services. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any content or material which you contribute or upload to our site (contributions). We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by any person in contravention of this policy. Minors are not permitted to use any of our interactive services.
These content standards apply to any and all contributions to our site, and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person including, without limitation, copyright, database right, design right and trade marks;
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual;
- Save for legitimate artistic purposes, contain any material which is violent or promotes violence, is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, hateful or inflammatory;
- Contain any material which is, may be or contains extreme pornographic material or indecent images of a child or children or promote any such material;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Be in contempt of court;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass or alarm any other person;
- Be likely to upset, embarrass or annoy any other person, save where necessary for legitimate artistic purposes;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites other than your own services or site;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act;
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
If you wish to complain about any contribution, please [click the link on the relevant page]. We will then review the contribution, decide whether it complies with our content standards and deal with any contribution which, in our opinion, violates those standards.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our absolute discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of website use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal or modification of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- If you are a member, termination of your membership;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you; and/or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.